The Reader’s communications team exists to broaden support and reach of what they do by sharing their stories with the outside world.
The Communications Coordinator has responsibility for social media and digital communications, and supports the wider team with the delivery of campaigns and PR, and media activity. This role calls for a creative thinker and content creator who thrives on delivering targeted and engaging content whether that’s through social media, digital newsletters and websites, or third-party outlets, including media, and reporting on impact.
Reporting to the Marketing & Communications Manager, this role interacts with the other members of the communications team along with colleagues from across the organisation.
As well as being passionate about communications and reaching new audiences, the Communications Coordinator will also be a keen reader who is willing to learn more about Shared Reading and its practice, and the difference it makes in the world.
Knowledge and Skills
• Takes the lead on managing content across the organisation’s active social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn). Duties here include:
o Managing the monthly content planner, developing ideas and assets independently and in collaboration with colleagues.
o Using Canva to create engaging assets, utilizing existing materials when helpful, e.g imagery, podcast clips, videos, case studies, illustrations and graphics.
o Reaching out to relevant content via Hootsuite and reporting on engagement levels in team meetings and in reports
• Responsible for the production of The Reader’s monthly e-newsletters, taking the lead on editorial planning and content creation (including links and images), building e-shots in MailChimp, sending, managing subscriber lists and reporting on engagement and reach in team meetings.
• Responsible for capturing the impact of activity using appropriate tools and processes, e.g Google Analytics, AdWords and Facebook (paid social advertising).
• Manages active comms mailing lists in MailChimp in line with GDPR best practice.
• Supports the delivery of the organisation’s PR and media strategy by distributing press releases, pitching stories to the media, tracking coverage, coordinating interview opportunities with spokespeople, including volunteers and participants, and other press office duties.
• Responsible for maintaining The Reader’s public-facing website using WordPress, making ad hoc changes and working with others in the team to ensure that all content is regularly reviewed and aligned with current messaging.
• Act as content support cover for The Reader’s dedicated volunteer website, the Online Community Hub, as needed.
• Provides copy editing and proofreading support to the team when requested.
To view a full job description please visit https://www.thereader.org.uk/
Please send completed application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closes: 5pm, 2 May