Ethical Textiles is an 18 month project funded by the National Lottery Community Fund.
They are seeking to appoint a self-motivated individual with a good knowledge of textile craft and proven success in delivering multi-faceted community focused programmes of activity with groups and individuals from a range of ages, cultures and experience levels.
The key threads of this project will be to:
– Create a vibrant and supportive cross cultural social network for residents within the local community based on shared experience and a passion for craft.
– Promote intergenerational work to enable older adults to pass on skills, knowledge and expertise to younger generations.
– Harness participants desire to utilise skills to make a real difference to the lives of people within the local community.
– Tackle real world issues on a local level (including fast fashion, environmental sustainability and plastic pollution), demonstrating that small changes in daily life, can make a significant cumulative impact.
– Connect the community with organisations (educational, commercial, environmental etc.) across the local area to build networks and influence change.
– Create opportunities for young advocates to emerge who will serve as champions for sustainable activity amongst their peers.
Within this framework the successful post holder will be required to work relatively autonomously to:
– Plan and deliver / coordinate two days of textile focused workshops and activities per week initially online and when possible, from Valley Street Community Centre in line with the project activity plan.
– Be the lead responsible person for the health and safety of participants.
– Develop networks and contacts across sectors of the community and recruit and motivate community members to achieve the project outcomes.
– Gather qualitative and quantitative evaluation data.
– Recruit, upskill and supervise community activity volunteers and craft ambassadors to deliver project activities and outcomes.
Deadline for applications 4 August.
For full details, click the link below to download the job description and person specification:
Contact: Charlotte Steels [email protected]