Venture Arts is an award-winning charity based in Hulme, Manchester. They support learning disabled adults and young people to reach their full potential through visual arts and to be visible and valued in arts, culture and society.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join their team as a Cultural Enrichment Coordinator, to work with learning disabled and neurodivergent people on supported work placements with museums, galleries, theatres and other cultural organisations. These will take place both physically in Manchester, and virtually with institutions across the UK.
Responsibilities will include:
– Providing support for placements in Manchester cultural organisations
– Designing programmes of work to be delivered as online placements
– Supporting participants to transition into volunteer roles at cultural venues
– Developing strong relationships with cultural partner organisations and their staff
– Promoting the personal development and wellbeing of learning disabled people
– Monitoring each placement and assisting towards evaluation reports
The post is part time, 22.5 hours per week.
For a full job description and how to apply, head to https://venturearts.org/our-work/get-involved/opportunities-vacancies/