Development Officer, Creative Organisations of Liverpool
2 days / week
£150 / day
Deadline: 27 Jan
COoL is a collective of up to 40 key arts organisations based in the Liverpool City Region. It is the leading cultural partnership model of its kind in the UK. Our members create exciting art in many forms, including visual arts, theatre, film, dance, comedy, music, literature, multimedia, craft, design and festival production. We play a central role in promoting the cultural offer of the Liverpool City Region by championing inclusivity, diversity, participation and collaborative working practices.
COoL recently embarked on a new project: COoL Creates; a 1-year step-change programme, piloting collaboration through high profile public showcases to establish routes to sustainability for COoL.
Aligned to four national events, COoL Creates celebrated diversity, children and young people and older people, through multi-disciplinary showcases of ‘invisible work’ made in communities, which it profiled it in city centre spaces to broad audiences. The intention is COoL Creates will continue to grow in stature, scope and reach.
COoL is looking to appoint a Development Officer who will:
• Write and facilitate funding applications (with collective members) to sustain and grow COoL Creates
• Research funding opportunities and understand/share funding climate/knowledge within the sector with the collective
• Develop and maintain positive strategic relationships with members, key funders and policy makers
• Progress implementation of the COoL business plan, resulting in increased income streams for COoL members
• Report on grants using project devised evaluation methods supported by the members involved
• Create a sponsorship package for COoL
• Maintain membership list, contact details and relational contact with COoL members
• Organise venues, communications (including agendas, minutes, spokes-people, etc) and refreshments, in good time for scheduled COoL meetings, with support from the COoL Support subgroup
• Agree COoL agendas with line manager and nominated meeting chair at least 5 working days prior to scheduled meetings
• Assist COoL’s subgroups where required
• Manage Companies House and organisational administration and file reports (i.e., grant award reports) in liaison with Development subgroup
• Lead administration for company bank account in liaison with line manager and signatories
• Complete management reports when required
• Oversee COoL’s data management and assets, such as Dropbox, Mailchimp lists, etc, in accordance with GDPR practices and essential support from marketing sub-groups
• Support COoL Supports subgroup in delivery of induction programme for new members
• Invoice members for annual subscription and ensure payment.
• Distribution of communications and correspondence as and when appropriate, covering:
• Onward circulation of communication, requests and information from external partners and other stakeholders (e.g. City Council, Arts Council England, LARC, etc.) and forward general public enquiries to appropriate members, answering enquiries where possible
• Support COoL marketing activities including website updates and regular social media activity
• Maintain and develop database of contacts (internal and external)
• Liaise with the FFF* sub group regarding contracts, invoicing and payment of fees in accordance with the Arts Council England and Liverpool City Council funding and any other funding secured
• Represent COoL at invited events when required
Pay and terms
6-month fixed term contract (with potential for extension dependent on funding) at £150 per day, based on 2 days per week (£36,000 pro rata).
Please send your CV and a supporting statement (no more than 2 sides) outlining why you think you would be suitable for the role to [email protected]. You should refer to the job description and person specification when writing your statement.
Applications deadline: midnight, Sunday 27 Jan