At Sparks they’re passionate about potential. Through innovative workshops, courses and events, they help children and teenagers to develop creativity, gain in confidence, and to fall in love with film.
They are looking to meet new workshop leaders to help deliver their range of Saturday sessions, after school clubs, holiday projects and ad hoc birthday party projects.
Workshop leaders have the confidence and charisma to lead engaging workshops, they are responsible for planning, delivery and evaluation of Sparks workshops, as well as editing of the films made by their participants.
They would like to meet with people with good availability for freelance projects that take place at weekends.
- Planning, delivering and evaluating a range of fun, creative and practical workshops for 4-19 year olds
- Editing exciting, compelling and creative video projects
- Meeting, reporting to and reflecting on practise with Sparks management team
- Friendly and responsible care for children during workshops
- Workshop delivery support tasks as required
The ideal candidate will be
- Great with children
- Able to demonstrate experience of planning and delivering creative workshop activities for children
- Able to represent Sparks and its brand values of fun, fairness, inspiration and a hands on approach
- Able to demonstrate a passion and active interest in film and short film
- Confident, creative, organised and a great team player
Desirable but not essential:
- Experience of film production
- Experience of video editing
Candidates should demonstrate a passion for film, creativity, confidence, intuition, good communication skills, team working skills and an aptitude for technical operation.
The role is a freelance one, and successful candidates will be invited to join their workshop pool, and then offered specific projects that are the best match for them.
As this is a self-employment role, candidates will be responsible for their own NI and tax obligations.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS disclosure, and attend at least one day of compulsory induction training.
Application forms can be downloaded from https://www.sparksarts.co.uk/contact/jobs/ and should be sent to email@example.com