Operations Coordinator (with administration responsibility)
Maternity Cover August 2018 – September 2019
£17,000 per annum / 37.5 hours per week
Altru Drama CIC is an award-winning, non-profit organisation, working with schools and the education sector to deliver drama performances, projects and workshops that make a difference to the lives of children and young people.
They are looking for someone who will become an integral part of the operations at Altru and who has a broad skill base with a can do attitude! This is an exciting opportunity to join a small, friendly and busy team, working across education and the arts.
The Operations Coordinator will be responsible for the day to day coordination of all Altru projects, having a bird’s eye view of the work we deliver and ensuring all projects are resourced. More specifically, the Operations Coordinator will:
– Work closely with the CEO and Key Stage Managers to support their work and ensure all projects are staffed, resourced (costumes, props, teachers’ packs, certificates, music systems etc) and evaluated.
– Develop strong relationships with associate staff and clients.
– Ensure all company administration is completed to a high standard and by agreed deadlines, working to and maintaining Altru systems, identifying and implementing improvements as necessary.
– Support the company’s marketing strategy through direct sales, email and web based marketing and dealing with enquiries.
– Represent the company both in person and on the phone.
– Manage the booking system for clients, ensuring systems are followed and reporting to the Development Manager and Artistic Director.
Full training in all aspects of the role will be provided, but they are looking for someone who has a sound understanding of project coordination from an external perspective (the Operations Coordinator will not be delivering the projects but will help to make them happen!) They are also keen to hear from those with a proven track record in high level administration.
The ideal candidate will:
– Have experience of coordinating projects and pieces of work of varying size – not necessarily in the arts
– Have excellent organisational skills and be able to work flexibly
– Have proven ability to work on own initiative
– Have excellent attention to detail in order to ensure the smooth delivery of all Altru projects and work
– Be an active team member able to support all staff and projects
This vacancy is subject to an enhanced DBS check and candidates should be aware that this must be completed and reviewed before any job offer can be confirmed.
More information and an application pack are available to download from the Altru website and should be returned along with a current CV to [email protected] before the closing date 5pm on Thursday 21 June 2018.
You will be notified by Friday 29th June if your application has been shortlisted.
Interviews will take place on the week beginning Monday 9th July at Altru’s office base in Garston. Start date to be agreed, but will be no later than Tuesday 28th August 2018.