Full time position – 32 hours per week, negotiable.
Starting rate – Dependent on experience
Location – In-house, Stockport SK4
Costumes with Character is one of the world’s leading Mascot and Costume Character Manufacturers, creating bespoke characters for a wide variety of clients from all sectors including leisure, entertainment, sports, education, corporate, charities and many more across the globe.
The Pattern Maker/Cutter’s duties will include:
- Creating new patterns for heads and costumes using flat pattern drafting and draping techniques.
- Working with a variety of fabrics, faux furs, Lycra and foams.
- Working closely with the creative team to achieve a quality product.
- Cut costumes using efficient lay plans to a high standard, within agreed timeframes and to short deadlines.
- Instruct machinists and other team members on how to construct costumes.
- Sew mock ups and perform fittings to check pattern work.
- Update standard patterns when needed.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a professional costume manufacturing environment. Excellent skills in creating a 3D character from a 2D design.
- Pattern digitising skills using Gerber systems would be an advantage but not essential.
The interview will require a short workshop skills test.
Please send your CV and covering letter to:
For more information, see the job listings on their website: