Lakeland Arts are actively looking for a diverse group of creative practitioners, engineers, scientists or mathematicians to run their ‘Something to Say’ workshops during the summer holidays (Tuesday 26 July – Saturday 3 September) at Windermere Jetty Museum site.
The invention of steam brought great possibilities and opportunities to Windermere and the world. Now they want to use their site to ‘Say Something’, give hope at a time when we need it, activate minds and get people involved in expressing their thoughts and ideas?
You and the role
You (individual or collective) like to use creativity to say something, and get people involved. It can be from the climate emergency to queer rights, from rights for disability to pollution.
You (individual or collective) will be leading on designing and delivering the workshops, but there will be an opportunity to work with the Creative Producers at Lakeland Arts to develop those ideas with confidence.
- Must run from 12-4pm each day
- Tuesday to Saturday
- Over one week in summer holidays (Tuesday, 26 July – Saturday, 3 September)
- Any type of creativity discipline, with a strong STEAM (Science Tech Engineering Arts Maths) focus
- Participation is key; people might work together to create and build something collaboratively or individually, family or group.
Budget for workshop £1500
- Fee £750 (£150 per day)
- Resources & Travel £250
- Development £500
How to apply
- Covering letter, or video, of why you want to do it (ideally with availability)
- Portfolio & CV
- Apply to [email protected]
- Actively looking for responses from underrepresented voices