Join FACT for a special event by artist collective Keiken and dance artist Sakeema Crook that uses augmented reality and your phone to present two live augmented performances.
The event is held 10 September, 6.30pm-8.15pm. You can register here.
Using your phone, you can take part in a performance and watch as augmented reality pieces extend from Sakeema’s body.
Sakeema will speak and perform a reiteration of the speech she gave at the recent Black Lives Matter and Black Trans Lives Matter Protests. These performances spread Sakeema’s message of love, change and hope for the future of our planet.
These performances will take place inside the atrium at Mann Island (outside Open Eye Gallery).
How To Attend
- Choose the time of the performance you would like to attend.
- Register your attendance by booking a free ticket for you and your friends or family. When you book your ticket(s), you will be placed into a ‘bubble’. On the day of the event, your bubble will be placed into a zone to take part in the performance. Zones will be socially distanced from one another.
- Once you’ve booked, you will receive email confirmation with instructions on when and where to meet and how to activate augmented reality during the performance.
- To activate augmented reality during the performance, you will need to use your phone to scan an image. This image will be sent to you as a temporary tattoo in the post with instructions on how and when to apply to your skin.
- They kindly ask that you wear a mask during the performance to protect yourself and others.
This event is suitable for all ages but you must be 16 or over if unaccompanied by an adult.
If you would like to watch the performance but are unable to take part in real life, you can watch a live stream of the performance from 18:30 on Thursday 10 September 2020. Follow @FACT_Liverpool on Instagram to get reminders.
Nothing is more important to them than the health and safety of their community. They are going above and beyond to ensure all of our exhibitions and events are safe for the public.
If there is a change in government guidance, this event may be cancelled. When booking, they will ask for your phone number and email address so they can keep you updated every step of the way.