The Anglican Cathedral is a unique historical and iconic architectural feature of Liverpool.
This sketching session is a mixed ability class suitable for experienced artists who want to experience drawing in this unique location or beginners looking to learn useful skills to help record the world around you.
• Looking at different ways of drawing architecture
• Using tonal drawing to deal with lighting effects
• Experimenting with different materials for dealing with effects of light
• They will talk about approaches to your drawing referencing different artists to provide context and pointers on how to approach the problems involved
• Quick drawing exercises about creating thumbnails sketches and planning out a tonal scheme
• Tips on getting believable Architectural proportions and establishing a sense of scale in drawing. Then different ways of rendering the effects of light in tone
• Long drawings
• Group critique and feedback sessions
Katherine Dereli is trained in traditional techniques in drawing and sculpture which she uses to create well-crafted artworks with a modern sensibility. She has lead classes and demonstrations in both disciplines for several years
You will need to bring a set of pencils, erasers and an A3 sketch book.
***To avoid a booking fee and pay by card, cheque or cash, please contact dot-art Services directly on 0345 017 6660***
Dress appropriately as the site can get a bit chilly when sitting still. Feel free to bring a snack with you, although there is a cafe on site.
For more information; email@example.com