Yuppies Music presents Super Cool Drawing Machine, a touring exhibition of musicians’ “other” artwork. The exhibition will take up residency at Future Yard between 15th and 18th July 2021.
Rising from the ashes of the Covid-19 crisis, Super Cool Drawing Machine is a celebration of the visual art created by a host of internationally acclaimed, touring musicians. It is set to bring engaging and exciting artistic creations – and a much-needed dose of fun – back into the UK’s treasured music spaces.
Drawn from diverse musical genres and backgrounds, the artists include trailblazing saxophonist and figurehead of the UK jazz scene Shabaka Hutchings, Mercury-nominated Welsh singer/producer Cate Le Bon, experimental folk musician Richard Dawson, African American experimentalist Lonnie Holley (who has previously exhibited in the likes of the Turner Contemporary gallery), celebrated drummer/composer Seb Rochford and former Maccabees frontman Orlando Weeks, as well as members of This is The Kit, Mammal Hands, Haiku Salut, Snapped Ankles and many more. (Full list below).
They will exhibit paintings, photography, drawings, ceramics, digital instillations, recycled arts, sculpture and furniture – a colourful and interactive array of artworks for the open minded and curious. There will also be a gift shop where fans can buy merchandise.
– There will be daily viewings at 12pm, 2pm, 4pm and 6pm (Thurs-Sun).
– Only a limited number of people will be allowed in the building per viewing (30 people).
– Please book your preferred viewing slot on your selected day.
– The exhibition is the same for all four days.
– If you bought a ticket for the November 2020 or February 2021 exhibition dates, your ticket will be valid for the new dates. Your booking will be automatically allocated for the corresponding day and time (e.g. Thursday for Thursday, 2pm for 2pm).
– If you have any questions, email [email protected].