BIMM Institute seek to appoint an individual with a strong background in academic administration, which includes examinations, student records and timetabling.
The successful candidate will work closely with BIMM’s Education and Student Support teams and be responsible for the smooth running of the administration and exams function in Manchester. A degree of flexibility will be required as there is an expectation to contribute/attend BIMM events.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels (written and verbal)
- Ability to prioritise workload and respond to changing demands
- Excellent time management and the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to work under own initiative and as part of a wider team
- Calm and methodological approach to problem solving and solution finding
- Self-motivation and a proactive approach to task completion
- Computer literate with excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
- Experience of minuting meetings
- Previous administration experience in a Further/Higher Education background
- High level of data inputting accuracy, coupled with the ability to concentrate in a busy office environment
- Ability to work quickly under pressure
- Experience of using Celcat (timetables) or a similar timetabling system
- Previous experience of working with a VLE/Online Learning Resource such as Moodle, Blackboard, Canvas etc.
- Previous experience of exam/assessment processing
- Awareness of issues in Higher Education and Quality Assurance requirements
- Educated to degree level
- Ability to identify areas for improvement in administrative systems and propose solutions
- Experience of supporting senior staff
- Knowledge of music/music industry
NB: This is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities of this post. The post holder may be required to carry out other duties in keeping with the nature of the post as directed by and agreed with the College Principal.
They are committed to establishing a culture of inclusivity across BIMM Institute, so that they truly represent the diversity of their students and the creative industries, both in what they teach and how they work.
All posts are subject to Right to Work and DBS checks.
To apply, contact: Lizzie Duffell email@example.com
See their website here.