This website www.uncoverliverpool.com (the “website”) is operated by Open Culture CIC (“we and “us”). We are committed to preserving the privacy of any information that is provided to us via this website by visitors and users of the website.
We collect, use and retain your personal data only in compliance with UK, EU or other applicable Personal Data Protection laws.
Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679.
Who are we?
Open Culture CIC is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
How do we process your personal data?
Open Culture CIC complies with its obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes: –
- To enable us to provide a service for the benefit of the public as specified in our constitution;
- To fundraise and promote the interests of the company;
- To manage our employees and volunteers;
- To maintain our own accounts and records.
- To operate the Uncover Liverpool website and deliver the services that individuals have requested;
- To inform individuals of news, events, activities or notices;
- To contact you in response to an enquiry
- To contact individuals via surveys to conduct research about their opinions about our events, projects or other related work.
Storing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential, and will not be shared with a third party without your consent.
Your personal data processed for any purpose (listed above) shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for those purposes or services.
Your Individual Rights
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which Open Culture CIC holds about you;
- The right to request that Open Culture CIC corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Open Culture CIC to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
All of the above requests can be made free of charge and at any time.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
Cookies are small amounts of information that a website stores on a visitor’s computer or device, and our website will issue cookies to your computer when you log on to this website. Cookies make it easier for you to log on to and use this website during future visits.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us to improve our service.
- Identify whether you are signed in to our website
- To recognise you when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content or provide functionality you used previously.
- Store information about your preferences in order to show you relevant content.
Google Analytics Cookies
We use Google Analytics to collect information about how our visitors use our websites. We use this information to report to funders and to improve our services.
The cookies collect information such as the number of visitors to the site, which pages they visited and whereabouts they came to the site from. This information is anonymous and cannot be used to identify you personally.
Third Party Cookies
During visits to our websites you may be delivered cookies by third-party websites. This may be when you visit a page with content embedded from, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google Maps, Vimeo or YouTube.
This website often links to other websites, and Open Culture CIC are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by www.uncoverliverpool.com
We will always hold any information about you securely. We follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679.
As a registered user you must (a) keep your password and online identity details secret, (b) make sure you always protect against unauthorised use of your password and to your computer, and (c) always sign off when you finish using a shared computer. If you have any problems with your account please get in touch with us using the details below.
Open Culture CIC
127 Dale Street, Liverpool L2 2JH