XTRAX Shorts gives outdoor artists and companies a platform to pitch their work to festival representatives, promoters and producers.
These are people who might like to commission and book work or support it through provision of rehearsal space, mentoring, or advocacy.
This year, 10 UK artists will be selected from an open call. Each will present a pre-recorded, five-minute pitch for a project that is ready or will be ready to tour from summer 2022-23. This will be followed by a live Q&A with promoters.
This event forms part of XTRAX & SIRF Showcase 2022 programme, which will feature a hybrid of online and in-person events for outdoor arts professionals. The Showcase and XTRAX Shorts will be hosted virtually on Swapcard – an enhanced online event platform that offers a wealth of opportunities for attendees and presenters to connect with each other and access useful resources.
Pitching applications are now open. The closing date for submission is: Tuesday 3 May 11:59pm (GMT).
How to apply
Alternative application formats
- You may also submit a written application. Find the application questions here.
- Should you prefer to submit your application in a video/audio format, please email your file to firstname.lastname@example.org. It should be no more than 2 minutes in length.
- For any questions or for support on accessing this opportunity in alternative formats, please contact us at email@example.com.
Who is eligible?
- Any UK artist or company from any artistic discipline working outdoors, with the ambition and ability to tour internationally with a finished work from August 2022 or a work in progress that will be ready to tour from 2023.
- Artists and companies presenting new work that has had little to no previous international exposure. If you would like to present a project that has been previously presented, please explain when and where it has been shown before and why it should be given this platform.
- Projects can be of any scale. Whilst they welcome proposals for large-scale projects, you should consider that most programmers will be looking for small and medium-scale work that can easily be toured abroad.
- If you have previously applied and were unsuccessful, you may re-apply.
- You may not submit work that has previously been pitched as part of the XTRAX & SIRF Showcase.
- Artists and companies performing at SIRF can apply; however, priority will be given to companies not already included in the festival programme.