Unity Theatre is looking for up to four new Trustees to take places on its Board.
The Board of Trustees forms an invaluable part of the team, ensuring that the Unity is well run, well managed and financially robust. To add to the talent and dedication of the existing Board, they are looking to recruit up to four new Trustees to take them to the next stage in the organisation’s development. They are particularly looking for skills and experience in one or more of the following areas:
- The cultural sector – holding a senior role in an arts organisation (preferably with both artistic and organisational oversight) and/or as an artist with a track record of presenting exceptional, thought-provoking work
- Fundraising and income generation – as a fundraising professional or passionate supporter, able to demonstrate excellent networking skills with high-net-worth individuals and organisations
- Digital technology – with an in-depth knowledge of innovative practice, including use as an audience development tool
- People management and HR strategy – including extensive experience of managing diverse teams and knowledge of policy and best practice
- Unity welcomes applications from all members of the community with the ability to make effective contributions to the Board. You will bring strong insight and professional experience in your area of specialism, along with a willingness to share thoughts, challenge ideas and support the team at all levels of the organisation.
Previous experience of being a Trustee is not a requirement. A passion for the arts and their role within a community is essential.
This role is voluntary with a commitment to attend four Board meetings a year, plus relevant sub-committees and regular performances and events. Appointments are for an initial period of three years, with the option of standing for an additional three-year term.
For full information please download the Trustees Pack here.
How to Apply
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter by email to [email protected] with the subject line ‘Board Vacancy’ by 5pm, Monday, 11 March 2019.
You should also complete the Equality Monitoring Form.
If you would like to find out more about the role and what it entails, please contact Unity at the above email address with your contact details and availability for an informal chat.