PLACED are recruiting young people aged 14-18 interested in design, heritage and how places are created.
They are working in partnership with Lister Steps to deliver a FREE Built Environment and Design Easter School, running 15-18 April in Liverpool. The four day programmes is funded by Heritage Lottery Fund and the Key Fund, with support from the University of Liverpool.
The programme is open to 14-18 year olds and each year receives fantastic reviews from the young people who attend. This year, PLACED will be exploring the importance of heritage spaces and how old buildings could be re-used for the community.
The fun, hands-on programme takes place in Liverpool. From site visits to model making, creative, hands on activities will give participants an insight into what studying and working in the sector is really like. The programme will:
- Be completely free
- Give a unique insight into careers in urban design, planning and architecture
- Offer a great addition to a CV and support applications to University
- Is fun and hands-on
- Develop skills in design, communication, team working, presenting and problem solving
- Need no previous experience or particular skills.
- Taking part will give a unique insight into the wide range of courses and careers in urban design, planning and architecture and an opportunity to work alongside those working and studying in related jobs
The closing date for applications is Sunday 17 March. More details and the application form can be found here.