The Development Manager will work to generate funds across all income streams, working to secure grants from Trusts and Foundations, seek commissioned income from NHS bodies, the criminal justice sector and from Local Authorities and to secure support from corporate organisations.
The post holder will input into the strategic overview of the department and the development of the annual fundraising strategy. The role will work collaboratively across the organisation to identify and develop funding opportunities and will build relationships externally with existing and prospective funders. Partnership working will be instrumental in the role.
Key Responsibilities include:
– To help develop and deliver the long term fundraising strategy, working to achieve annual income targets.
– To proactively identify and cultivate prospective funders and partners and to build strong relationships with stakeholders.
– To work across the organisation to identify and build funding opportunities, playing a role in the development of potentially fundable projects and areas of activity.
– To write high quality and compelling bids and proposals.
– To ensure all funder reporting requirements are met, liaising with relevant departments to ensure key outcomes and objectives remain front of mind during the delivery of funded areas of activity.
– To support the delivery of engagement events for current and prospective funders and partners.
Please do not just send in a CV. They will only consider applications that adhere to the following process – Visit www.thereader.org.uk and select the ‘Get Involved Section’ where you will be able to view the full job description, recruitment pack and download an application form.
Please complete the application form and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: 9am, 30th March 2021 NB: applications arriving after 9am will not be considered
Selection Process: If successful at shortlisting you will be invited to attend a panel interview. You may be required to complete a selection task at the interview if this is the case you will be informed of this prior to the interview date.