Development Officer (Freelance), Homotopia
part-time, 22.5 hrs / week (6 month contract)
£18.50 / hr
Homotopia are seeking to recruit an experienced arts/third sector development consultant to build and begin to implement their long-term fundraising strategy.
Homotopia is the UK’s longest running LGBT arts festival, taking place in November every year for the last 15 years in Liverpool. Each year they programme the most cutting edge and high profile international, national and local LGBT artists, performers, writers and producers at their combined-arts festival.
The Development Officer is responsible for defining and leading Homotopia’s fundraising strategy with the next 3- 5 years in mind. This will involve providing major sources of income from trusts and foundations and corporate sponsorship. This includes maintaining and developing existing relationships at the same time as strategically seeking out and cultivating new supporters to provide long term and sustainable sources of funds.
The Development Officer will work closely with Homotopia’s Interim Director and Board of Trustees to research, develop and secure corporate sponsorship for the 2019 festival and beyond.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate:
- A record of success in raising funds for third sector or arts organisations;
- Experience of researching and applying for trusts and grants;
- A strategic thinker able to develop a sustainable, long-term plan for the financial viability of the organisation;
- Experience of developing and managing relationships with key stakeholders and corporate sponsors.
- Creating a fundraising strategy for the next 3 – 5 years;
- Contributing to the organisation’s income generation targets;
- To support, maintain and extend existing funding relationships with corporate sponsors and public sector organisations;
- To identify and deliver new fundraising opportunities and initiatives;
- To write successful funding applications;
- Develop and maintain a database of current and potential key stakeholders and sponsors.
The initial role is for 6 months but if successful, it could lead to a longer-term position.
Renumeration is £18.50 per hour (22.5 hours per week maximum) and is offered on a freelance basis. The successful candidate must be registered as self-employed and is responsible for paying their own income tax.
Homotopia are an equal opportunities employer and are particularly keen to encourage applicants from groups currently underrepresented in the arts. It is not necessary for applicants to identify as LGBT but all applicants should be able to demonstrate an understanding of the LGBT arts sector and/or LGBT concerns.
While it would be advantageous for the Development Officer to be based from the Liverpool office, home-based working with regular travel to Liverpool for meetings may be possible.
How to apply
Send a CV (maximum 2-sides of A4) and cover letter (maximum 800 words) as one document explaining clearly why you are interested in this role and are the best candidate for the job. Please refer closely to the description above.
Send applications as one document to [email protected].
The application deadline Monday 6 May, 5pm.
Interviews will take place in the week commencing 20 May.