British Textiles Biennial are looking for 2-3 energetic and confident individuals to deliver engaging educational tours to secondary school and university students with a passion for the subjects British Textile Biennial delivers across.
Training on each exhibition, the education pack content and the schedule will be provided; but they are looking for individuals who can self-manage and dynamically support our education groups needs and schedule.
Please read more about the programme content here before applying to this role:
Depending on the schedule of tours planned, and the candidates availability selected candidates could be involved in up to 13 days of tours
Fees: £150 per day including travel.
To apply for this role candidates must:
- Be available to work in Blackburn and Burnley on at least 4 of days between October 1st and October 17th including some weekend dates. They also must be available for an additional training date which will be arranged in late September with selected candidates.
- Be a confident communicator; able to engage groups of up to 35 students and young people.
- Be organised and able to lead a group to a schedule whilst making dynamic changes to suit the group.
- Be able to converse on the subjects seen in the Biennial’s online programme in an educational context.
- Have previous experience in working with groups of young people.
- Be comfortable spending a large part of the day standing. Most of our schedule is navigated by coach tour by includes walking journeys of up to 10 minutes. The Biennial would welcome conversation with potential applicants who have additional accessibility needs before applying, to discuss how this role could be adapted to suit the candidate.
If you would like to apply, please supply a CV with an 1 page covering letter, that outlines your experience of working in an educational context; in working with young people; and your experience of / or personal connection to the themes found on Biennial programme.
Contact: Alex Zawadzki, [email protected]
The closing date for application is 5th September 5pm.
Interviews will take place the week of 7th / 8th September.