This role provides a unique opportunity to work with the BIMM Manchester team and to contribute to the successful establishment of the college.
BIMM has a highly regarded profile both in the education sector and within the local and national music industry. The successful candidate will understand the ethos and spirit of BIMM and have the confidence and personality to maintain and build relationships with existing external partners and with new industry contacts in the North. An awareness of and connections within the Events Industry is essential.
Although in part an outward facing and ambassadorial role, this post also entails regular liaison with all members of the BIMM team to ensure the smooth running of all external and internal events including Graduation, Induction, Masterclasses, and gigs. They require a team player who can work closely with staff at all levels within the organisation and be supportive and proactive in enabling students to make the most of external opportunities that arise.
- Events experience with a high level of professional skills in your specialist field
- Experience of mid to large scale educational, corporate or charity events
- Connections to a variety of high calibre events industry professionals
- Excellent organisational, planning, and administrative skills
- Ability to manage and prioritise a varied workload
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong research, data capture and analysis skills
- Strong communication and networking skills – verbal, written and face to face
- Confident public speaker with excellent presentation skills
- Budgetary and Event Management experience
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships both internally and externally
- Proven experience in co-ordinating/managing people (either within a work, teaching or creative project context)
- Proficient in the use of IT and IT related platforms/packages (e.g. Microsoft Office)
- Able to work effectively in a standalone capacity or as part of a wider team
To read the full description please visit https://www.bimm.ac.uk/careers/