Waymarking works with communities to shape and influence how their neighbourhoods are developing, through community-led planning, regeneration and economic development, using creative and arts-based approaches and techniques.
Waymarking is led by director Sarah Spanton, who worked exclusively in the arts (mainly in Yorkshire) for over 25 years, until retraining in Urban Regeneration and Development in 2015.
See www.waymarking.org.uk/about for mission, values and current projects.
The company is expanding, having recently become a social enterprise, and needs to extend its Greater Manchester based freelancer pool of creative project co-ordinators who are experienced at working with community groups, and ideally, have a creative practice of their own in or across drama, performance, music and creative writing.
Waymarking is currently developing new projects which include: community gardening, capturing local stories, giving community members a voice, walking projects, community-led neighbourhood research and celebratory community events.
They are looking for freelancers who can:
• Support the director to develop, research, co-design, co-produce, deliver and report on its creative projects
• Take on key aspects of face to face/online delivery of Waymarking’s creative projects including:
- Co-ordination of projects work with community groups and community members
- Project Communications management
- Setting up meetings, workshops and events
- Facilitating / co-facilitating meetings, workshops and events
- Use own creative/arts-based skill set to support project delivery
Once recruited onto the Waymarking Freelance Pool, they will get in touch if and when a suitable role comes up. As a guideline, Waymarking pays £200 a day (for an approximately 7-hour day) for project co-ordination work.
They are committed to equal opportunities. They welcome expressions of interest from candidates of all backgrounds, we particularly encourage applications from Black, Asian and ethnically diverse candidates.
For full details on applying, please download the complete Call Out at: