Independents Biennial 2018 is back with a festival that celebrates visual contemporary art across the entire Liverpool City Region. In 2018 they want to make sure artists have space to develop their practice, reach new audiences and find their place in the arts.
Art in Liverpool are seeking ideas from artists to fill space around the region. We’d love to hear from groups, collectives, and arts organisations who can benefit from access to these spaces.
They welcome applications in all art forms, and have space that can be occupied for as little as 30 minutes, and as long as a fortnight. From screening & performance rooms, to underground galleries there are loads of venues all over the region that they would like to rethink as art space for the fourth month festival.
If you have an event elsewhere already confirmed, we would welcome hearing about how you could another space to support the promotion or development of that event. The opportunities truly are limitless, but we’re particularly interested in:
- Project space (and how artists could develop new work with space to build)
- Group exhibitions (particularly from groups that support emerging artistic talent, or want to try out something new)
- Performance (whether as a project, or one off intervention)
- Screenings, Talks and In Conversation events (including those promoting other events elsewhere in the region during the festival)
- Workshops, Classes & Courses
- Exhibitions that can engage an audience, or have a clear developmental benefit to the artist
- The above is not an exhaustive list, but consider engagement and personal development in your application.
You may apply as a group, individual artists, or organisations.
To apply send details of your idea/event(s) to [email protected]
Deadline for applications: 25th May 2018