Collective Encounters is a professional arts organisation specialising in Theatre for Social Change working with marginalised and disenfranchised communities in Merseyside since 2004.
They deliver place-based participatory theatre projects that grow out of research with those affected by poverty and inequality, touring productions and research in Theatre for Social Change practice. Collective Encounters is based in Liverpool and is an Arts Council England National Portfolio Organisation.
Radical Makers is a year-long, free, part time emerging artists training course for adults aged 25+ in Merseyside which has been made possible through funding from The Esmée Fairbairn foundation. The 2020-21 programme started in September. For further information about the programme, download the Radical Makers prospectus.
They are looking for someone with a background in Applied Theatre to support the administration and aspects of delivery on the Radical Makers Course.
The role would suit an early career/emerging applied theatre practitioner with administration skills.
Hours 6 hours per week
Fee £15 p/h
Working remotely with the possibility of attending workshops in Liverpool once they can run in-person sessions again.
- Set up of Radical Makers meetings, ensuring learners have the relevant links to meetings and events
- Support aspects of Open Awards administration and evidence building
- Lead warm-up sessions where appropriate
- Identify additional training and learning opportunities as identified in learner mentoring sessions
- Support the admin for the Radical Makers professional placements
- Arrange the booking for learner mentoring sessions
- Support evaluation and monitoring activities.
They require the successful candidate to have
- Excellent administration skills in particular Zoom, excel/sheets and file sharing
- Good communication skills
- Commitment to equal opportunities
- Some experience of leading applied theatre practice, and ideally a qualification in this
- Understanding of evaluation and monitoring
They especially encourage candidates from backgrounds currently underrepresented within the arts and culture sector.
Applications by CV, Covering Letter or a short video/audio piece explaining your suitability for the role. firstname.lastname@example.org
Any questions about the role, email Aidan Jolly: email@example.com
Deadline: Friday 4th December