LIMF Academy has selected ten Merseyside-based artists to work with over the next year, honing their skills and providing them with help and support to launch their careers.
The work of the academy is even more important during the ongoing health pandemic which will see less opportunities for young talent.
The artists are:
- Michael Aldag – At his core he is a classic singer-songwriter, however underneath this there are contemporary beats as well as an accessible 80s synthpop vibe that adds fresh dimensions to a familiar sound.
- Antonia – Before she has even released a note of music, Antonia has already made a name for herself as a rapidly developing artist offering a fresh and exciting sound that has roots in mellow soul with overtones of jazz influenced pop.
- Micayl – His music is described as avant-garde R&B with an evocative blend of laid back lo-fi, jazz and the soulful side of hip hop that presents a level of sophistication that goes far beyond his years.
- Amba – A R&B vocal girl band from Liverpool, they have been developing their craft, writing and creating music.
- Amber Jay – Amber’s delicate emotive vocals and experimental production has earned her support from BBC Introducing Merseyside and BBC 6Music.
- Jazmine Johnson – This 21 year old songstress fuses rhythmical soulful melodies with raw lyrics to create the heart felt emotions that ooze throughout her songs.
- Josefina Amon – Born and raised in Argentina, Josefina moved to the UK aged 17 to fulfil her dream of becoming an artist. Josefina is currently writing and co-producing her upcoming release, a 6 track project titled; ‘love, just wasn’t enough’.
- Lazy Girl – A singer, songwriter and producer making dreamy bedroom pop with smooth melodies, lo-fi production and quirky drum samples, alongside down-to-earth lyricism about important topics like mental health, feminism and bisexuality.
- Spilt Milk Society – Formed in the summer of 2015, the band are already making a name for themselves with airtime on Radio 1, Radio 2, 6 Music, and local BBC Programmes.
- Ty Lewis – This Liverpool singer-songwriter is influenced by Jazz/Swing, RnB, Neo-soul and rap and infuses these genres in his music.
LIMF Academy will support each artist with:
- Masterclasses and Skills Development Sessions
- Access to Industry Networking events
- Inclusion in the creation of a collaborative EP and associated marketing and PR
- Financial support
- LIMF Academy Takeover (Live show and panels)
- LIMF Academy Showcases
- 50 hours of free rehearsal time
- At least 12 hours of mentoring by an industry professional
- Free Distribution with Ditto Music
- Free PRS For Music Membership
- Free Musician’s Union Membership
- Promotional and Marketing Support
Micayl, Michael Aldag and Antonia have been named the ‘most ready’ artists and will gain a place on the esteemed Elite Talent Development Programme.
They will also receive extras such as studio time (courtesy of Youth Music), professionally produced biography, press shots, extra financial investment in their career and overall music development.
For full details, head to www.limfacademy.com