Movema are bringing back their Making Moves training programme after a successful round in 2020.
Building on the successes from last year, Making Moves will deliver a programme of training which provides individuals the opportunity to upskill as dance leaders in their community. Making Moves seeks to provide those most affected by the COVID-19 pandemic the chance to develop new & existing skills, specifically those who are unemployed, not in education, aged 19+ and living in the Liverpool City Region.
Thanks to funding from WEA, European Social Fund & Arts Council England, in addition to their partners including Milap, Global Grooves, Capoeira For All & IRIE! Dance Theatre.
Making Moves is a free training and on-the-job training programme for individuals to unlock their potential. Designed for trainees to develop their knowledge and understanding as diverse dance leaders, alongside the development of business and other transferable skills.
- Weekly training sessions on Thursdays 10-12pm (Starting 30th September)
- Personal goal setting, project management, CV writing & more
- Developing skills in teaching world dance
- World dance masterclasses with industry professionals, including Global Grooves, Capoeira For All & IRIE! Dance Theatre
- A photo shoot
- 1-2-1 mentoring
*Training modules & sessions are subject to change*
Application Deadline: 24th September
To apply, complete and submit:
– an application form
– an equality and diversity form
Find the information pack, application form and equality & diversity form here.