Knowsley MBC seeks Expressions of Interest from experienced Mural Artists who are interested in developing one or a series of quality and themed murals in different locations in Prescot, Huyton and Halewood with the potential to develop further murals in other areas of Knowsley.
Knowsley is Borough of Culture in 2022 which involves a year long ambitious and creative programme across the borough involving local communities and creatives.
The vision and concept for Knowsley Borough of Culture is ‘Everyone has a story…it’s time to tell ours’, Knowsley’s stories of people, places and magic. These Murals will help celebrate the Borough of Culture year and will provide an opportunity for local people to share their stories.
They would like the selected artists to engage businesses, schools and community groups to develop ideas inspired by each towns’ heritage and stories.
• They need mural artists to design, create and install the mural(s)
• Engage the community in the process
• Create low maintenance, fit for purpose murals that last a maximum of 5 years.
• Materials could be digital, involve QR codes, vinyls, paints etc
How to apply:
If you are a mural artist and you would like to express an interest in this exciting opportunity then please supply the following:
1.CV and some images of murals (no more than 5) of previous murals and an indication of approaches (materials)
2. Please supply an indicative budget for 1 mural and give the size, specification and materials of this (this can be from a previous project)
• KMBC will supply dimensions, locations, images and the surface material and quality e.g bricks, rendering at commissioning stage.
• There is no fee for this stage. They only require an ‘expression of interest’
• Knowsley MBC reserves the right to cancel this process at any time or not to progress with any ideas submitted
Please send an expression of interest to: email@example.com Large image files can be sent via we transfer
Closing date for Expression of Interest: Friday 17th September 2021 by 5pm
See their website here.