On Belonging is a new artist commission to explore what belonging means to us in 2021, seeking new perspectives on identity and place that have been underrepresented in our programme.
On Belonging is for artists of colour who live and work in the north of England. This commission has evolved from their work with the national Diverse Actions programme (in partnership with Live Art UK 2018/19) and their ongoing interest in Place.
For further explanation around their thinking and how to apply see the full brief here: https://www.lancasterarts.org/get-involved/artist-opportunities/on-belonging/
On Belonging will result in an event or experience that will take place in the Lancaster District in 2021. They are excited to receive proposals to make new work that responds to one or some of the following prompts:
- What does it mean to belong?
- What is needed to belong?
- What makes us feel connected to a place or each other?
- Is belonging what makes society possible?
- How have identity and belonging been affected by the life-changing events of the last year?
- Call out: 26 January 2021
- Application Deadline: Midnight 28 February 2021
- Shortlist and Selection: Week commencing 8 March 2021
- Development period: March – August 2021
- Project or presentation takes place: September – November 2021
- Evaluation: December 2021
- Please find full details in the brief
- £3,500 to cover artist fees, materials, travel and accommodation
- Lancaster Arts Producers will support this commission with documentation, marketing and evaluation.