Manchester International Festival (MIF) invites great artists from across the globe to create extraordinary new work for the Festival, which is staged every two years at venues and found spaces across Manchester.
Their future home is The Factory, a world-class cultural space being built in the heart of the city, where we’ll present a year-round programme and artists will be able to develop work of huge ambition and scale that they might not be able to anywhere else.
The Press & PR Manager will communicate the vision, ambition and activities of The Factory/ MIF to the media, leading innovative press campaigns to deliver positive press coverage regionally, nationally and internationally.
- Devising and delivering innovative press campaigns to communicate the aims and activities of the organisation to the full range of media
- Writing clear and effective PR materials including press releases, briefing documents, statements and responses to media enquiries
- Establishing, developing and maintaining strong relationships with a network of key press and media contacts locally, nationally and internationally
- Successfully staging and running media and PR events and activities including press launches, securing the attendance of key critics and reviewers, interviews and photo-calls, and on-the ground co-ordination of broadcast press activity
- Supporting the development of appropriate social media content and strategy, taking shared responsibility for the organisation’s social channels as required
Essential requirements include:
- Substantial experience of managing media relations, across print, broadcast and online, in a busy press office or consultancy, ideally with a focus on arts and culture
- Proven track record of pro-actively pitching stories and generating impactful media coverage
- Comfortable engaging with the media by telephone and in person and communicating with a range of internal and external contacts and organisations
- Creative and resourceful, with the ability to look beyond the obvious
- Experience of managing events, including media launches
- Commitment to championing representation and inclusion at every level of the organisation with a proven ability to work with people from a wide range of backgrounds
Please submit your application via: https://recruitment.mif.co.uk/recruitment/press-pr-manager/