The team are currently seeking an enthusiastic, inspirational and diverse Singing Teacher/Musical Director to work with their 7 – 18-year-olds at Footlights Macclesfield on Saturday Mornings.
- To have a wide range of skills and up to date knowledge of Musical Theatre and Popular Music. For example, would you be confident in teaching our students songs from Matilda the Musical whilst also adapting and arranging an Ariana Grande song?
- Plan, create, and deliver appropriate vocal warm-ups and select sung material that explores and develops students’ vocal technique.
- Select, plan and deliver appropriate and engaging repertoire suitable for 7 – 18 – year olds.
- To be able to play the piano/keyboard. Ideally, you would be able to accompany students; however, as a minimum, we would expect you to be able to demonstrate vocal exercises and the teaching of vocal lines using the piano/keyboard. (A piano/keyboard is standard at all our premises.)
- Provide appropriately differentiated teaching resources as necessary, such as sheet music, lyric sheets and have the ability to transpose material and backing tracks (if needed) into appropriate keys.
- To plan schemes of work and lessons in advance, which enable clear progression.
- To be able to ‘stage’ pieces. For example, the musical staging of songs where appropriate for presentations and showcases.
- Where necessary to offer individual coaching/singing lessons to students.
- To prepare and musically direct appropriate repertoire for showcases and productions.
- To prepare students for LAMDA examinations in Musical Theatre. (Training/guidance can be offered if you are unfamiliar with LAMDA Examinations.)
- To regularly monitor student progression within sessions to write reports that inform parents/guardians about areas of strength and areas for development to maximise learning for all our students.
Your ability to commit to 36 term-time sessions is paramount as they pride themselves on continuity and the progression of learners.
To apply, contact: Ella Fontaine firstname.lastname@example.org