The producers of Y’MAM are looking for a freelance stage manager to work on the production of the exciting new show happening this Spring 2021, written by Majid Mehdizadeh and directed by Adam Welsh.
The show is an autobiographical mix of spoken word, music and physical theatre, focusing on male anger and probing toxic masculinity. The show actively engages disenfranchised young men, both involved in the creative process and as audience.
They are keen to work with someone interested in being attached to the show beyond the 27th of March 2021 (last date of the show).
They actively encourage those underrepresented in theatre to apply, particularly from ethnically and culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Has had paid experience working in theatre production
- Experience as a sound engineer / sound designer
- Interest and confidence operating a sound desk
- Confident in using QLAB
- High competency with Microsoft Office – Excel and Word particularly
- Works well as part of a team
- Manages time efficiently
- Excellent communicator
- Knowledge of production safety procedures
- Is familiar with the basic functions of lighting and technical details
- Experience touring
- Experience in a medium scale theatre
- Qualification or degree in theatre production
- Maintains and manages rehearsal calendar
- Assists director in overseeing technical run-throughs directly prior to a performance
- Oversees the organisation and design of the stage prior to performances
- Assists in setting up set/props for a production
- Addresses and resolves any technical difficulties during rehearsals and performances
- Ensures that all actors and actresses are prepared for a performance
- Provides stage directions and cues to actors during rehearsals and performances as necessary
- Maintains log of daily rehearsal activity, script changes, and official performances
- Ensure that all stunts and technical details are executed safely
- Reports logistical problems to the director and producer
Please send CV with references, and a paragraph explaining your interest in the role to [email protected]
Interviews on 11th January 2021.
See the website here.