The World Reimagined is looking for reliable artist assistants for paid work 10 – 25 hours a week through June and July. Would suit recent art graduates or early career artists who can support commissioned artists in creating their Globes in shared studios in their host cities/city region.
The World Reimagined is a ground-breaking, national art education project to transform how we understand the Transatlantic Trade in Enslaved Africans and its impact on all of us The World Reimagined
In two months, The World Reimagined will see trails of over 100 large globe structures in seven cities including the Liverpool City Region, across the UK from 13 August – 31 October 2022. The sculptures will be created by artists to bring to life the reality and impact of the Transatlantic Trade in Enslaved Africans and invite the public to engage with the dialogue and actions of making racial justice a reality.
All artists will create globes responding to the themes ranging from ‘Mother Africa’ and ‘The Reality of Being Enslaved’ to ‘Still We Rise’ and ‘Expanding Soul’. Each globe will enable the public to experience, discover and be inspired by art as well as present the opportunity to be part of the discourse around racial justice and what it means to be British.
The team are now looking for Studio Assistants to help support the LCR Artists with the creation and realisation of the 10 globes that will make up the Liverpool City Region sculpture trail.
Dates – June 22 – July 31
Pay – £10/hr
Studio Assistant role and responsibilities
– Studio Liaison between studio manager and TWR team this includes updating the team of any studio problems that may occur, checking that the studio has been left in a reasonable state. Clearing litter if there’s a build up
– Assisting Artists with their globes this includes helping artist’s with any painting requests, varnishing globes once they’ve been finished if requested. We will monitor this on the Studio Assistant Schedule which you will have total control to manage and where you can divide hours if two artists have asked for assistance.
– Managing the sign off process – taking pictures of finished globes and sending them to TWR Artistic team.
– Moving globes around so that new artists can access the studio. The globes aren’t heavy but you may be required to move a completed globe to another area of the studio so another artist can start.
– Studio Maintenance – Cleaning brushes, sponges and making sure the sinks are clean and tidy ready for the rest of the week. Updating the TWR team when we are on low supplies for varnish, pens, blue roll and bin bags.
– Support artists when using ladders or anything that elevates height.
Interested? Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org