CAN Do Creatives is offering free training sessions run by Community Arts North West (CAN) for artists, producers, creatives and community practitioners in Greater Manchester.
The training is for applicants who want to learn new skills and find work in the creative industries. The sessions will be run online, and potentially in small groups if social distancing measures allow.
The sessions will cover some of the basics you need to support your creative career, including:
- Presentation skills
- Job applications and interviews
- Project design and planning
- How to budget
- How to register as self-employed
- Marketing your work
- Health and Safety
- A series of online seminars with industry specialists on related areas
- Links to Greater Manchester-based arts organisations and support networks.
- A showcase event on course completion to share your work
To take part you must be:
- Aged 19 or over
- Living in Greater Manchester
- Unemployed and in receipt of full universal credit, or have no income of your own
- Have permission to work in the UK
- Not in full time education
They especially welcome applications from refugees, women, people aged 50+, young people aged 19 or over, disabled people, and those who have significant barriers to employment.
Places will be given based on the strength of your creative work, whether the training is a good fit for your needs, and the above eligibility requirements.
Deadline for applications: 4 September 2020.