Liverpool Cultural Education Partnership is looking for some visual art opportunities for local young people and schools. The ‘Brand New World’ visual arts project with secondary schools is now underway and after the summer holidays schools will be arranging some in-school workshops and trips out of school to provide taster experiences of visual art – in all its forms, including digital. Covid is a challenge in relation to some of this activity, but it would be really useful to know what opportunities artists could offer next academic year (September/October) to introduce the students to some visual arts experiences.
This could be free or at a cost (we have a budget), and we are particularly interested in art and artists reflecting diversity – ethnic diversity, disability, neurodiversity – and work by local Liverpool artists.
Please upload your ‘offer’ to www.culturepool.org (click on ‘For Cultural Partners’ then ‘Add an offer’) answering the following questions:
- What kind of visual arts workshops can you facilitate in schools in September/October 2021? Please provide a brief description of the workshop, dates/times and cost.
- What exhibitions/experiences are available in your venue in September/October 2021? Please provide a brief description, dates/times and cost.
- Please highlight the names of any local Liverpool visual artists who may feature as part of these experiences.
Please complete the information by Monday 28 June.
Brand New World schools
- Clifford Holroyde School for boys with behavioural, emotional and social difficulties, Thingwall Ln, Liverpool L14 7NX – North Liverpool. Years 7-9 cohort.
- Redbridge High School, for students with additional needs (mixed), Long Ln, Liverpool L9 6AD – North Liverpool. Years 10-14 cohort (including FE students)
- Bank View High School for students with complex learning difficulties (mixed) , 177 Long Ln, Liverpool L9 6AD – North Liverpool. Years 8-11 cohort.
- North Liverpool Academy (mixed), 120 Heyworth St, Liverpool L5 0SQ – North Liverpool. Year 9 cohort.
- Belvedere Academy (girls’ school), 17 Belvidere Rd, Princes Park, Liverpool L8 3TF – South Liverpool. Year 8 cohort.
- St. Margaret’s C of E (boys’ school), Aigburth Rd, Liverpool L17 6AB – South Liverpool. Year 9 cohort.