Want to help share people’s stories? Want to unlock people’s creative potential? Want to change lives? Then this job is for you.
Writing on the Wall are hiring a Writing Development Manager who will lead their acclaimed writing centre, The Writer’s Bloc. Work with high profile artists and writers, as they create a series of writing centres across the region, making creative writing accessible to all communities and give people the space to share their voices.
What are they looking for?
- Are you passionate?
- Looking for a challenge?
- Excited to share the voice of Liverpool’s communities?
They are looking for someone to lead on administrating and delivering their Writer’s Bloc across the city region. Collaborating with artists to create workshops, hold discussions and facilitate one-to-one sessions through their writers in residence.
- Liaise with local, national and international artists to build a series of writing residencies
- Administrative responsibilities including, planning, scheduling
- Monitoring ticketing systems
- Assist in the setup of marketing campaigns including-
- Social Media Campaigns
- Print Materials
- Website Content
- Press Releases
- Creating relationships with other organisations in order to push The Writer’s Bloc
- Be responsible for budgeting the project
- Share the work of people who never thought they would have had their stories heard.
If you are passionate about words, diversity and inclusion, and eager to make a positive impact, this job is for you.
A centre of Liverpool’s cultural landscape Writing on the Wall is LCR’s Arts Organisation of the Year, putting people’s voices at the centre of their work. Through workshops, projects and conversations they believe that writing can help change communities and enrich lives.
As a part of COoL Collective, they are at the centre of Liverpool’s culture sector and involved in projects across the region, from installations to festivals including their acclaimed WoWFEST.
Closing date: 3 October
Hours: 35 Hours per Week | 9:30am-5pm
To apply, contact: Zack Bakir, [email protected]