There’s just over a week to go to apply for the PLACED Academy, an award winning, free to access, creative programme that aims to inspire the next generation of designers and place makers from across the northwest.
They’re now recruiting up to 45 young people who:
- Are currently in Year 9, 10, 11 or 12
- Live in the northwest of England
- Are interested in art, design, geography or architecture and the built environment
- Would like to shape decisions about places in the region.
This Academy is completely free to attend and includes:
- Creative workshops and professional development activities, including a four day summer school, monthly Saturday sessions, and monthly evening sessions
- Support and mentoring from professionals, including architects, planners, urban designers, and students, providing a unique insight into careers
- Opportunity to shape decisions and major developments in the region.
- Develop skills, including communication, teamwork, creative thinking and design
- Learn about a variety of careers, helping them to make informed, confident decisions about their next steps, whether college, university, apprenticeships or work experience
- Build their confidence and increase their self-esteem
- Enhance their CV and university application
- Shape places we live, work and spend time in.
Applications close 3rd June, and the programme runs July 2022 until May 2023.