Artists! Expand your practice into large-scale murals. Learn from artist Madeleine Pires, creator of the Flower Street Murals in Kirkdale.
This one-day session is packed with valuable artistic knowledge and technical insights such as:
· Analysing your wall, measuring and planning
· Using photography and Photoshop to experiment with colours and produce visual references
· Breaking down your vision into realistic stages (form, negative space, colour, detail)
· Types of paint and varnish (with physical examples)
· Ways of scaling up your design (with visual examples and demonstration)
Madeleine will also give useful advice and tips about leading a community project, including:
· How to put together a school workshop to transfer to the mural
· “Consulting” local people and involving them
· Working with children and letting them be involved but safe
· Building your team and delegating tasks to volunteers
Other practical points:
· Operating powered access machines: what to expect
· Building a security area around your working space
· Organising your equipment/paints/tools
There will be time for participants to respond, ask questions and network.
Please note: this session is for experienced artists who already have good drawing and painting skills, and who do not have a problem with working at height.
The essential materials to bring include:
pencils and paper for notes
There are a maximum of 8 places available on the course, so early booking is essential. To avoid a booking fee and pay by card, cheque or cash, please contact dot-art Services directly on 0345 017 6660.
We have introduced a range of safety measures to keep everyone as safe and comfortable as possible. We ask everyone to please respect social distancing guidelines, all staff will be keeping their distance too.
Accessible toilets are available.