Explore your creative side and discover new techniques with this fun workshop experience.
Learn from an experienced local artist with over 16 years of teaching experience, she’ll teach you how to paint using traditional materials like bamboo brushes, sumi ink, Gansai Tambi 顔彩耽美 (Traditional Japanese colours), gold leaf on rice paper.
We will bring along a selection of references from the different Japanese art movements such as Ukiyo-e, Rinpa School as well as some Japanese contemporary artists. We will also introduce the seasonal topics that help you to capture some stunning Japanese scenes.
This painting class is suitable for beginners as well as those with a little more artistic experience, so don’t worry if it’s your first time. Your teacher will be on hand to provide guidance and answer any questions.
At the end of your art class, you’ll get the chance to stand back and admire your beautiful Japanese painting or you can share your experiences with the group. You’ll head home with your completed piece and a new skill that’s perfect to practice whenever you’re looking to clear your head.
This workshop is located at GPO Foodmarket in Liverpool’s Metquarter where a wide selection of food & Drink is available before, during and after the workshop.
*Towards the end of the workshop there will be an opportunity for you to get your photo taken. We will use these photos for social media and promotional use. Please let us know if you’re not comfortable with this.
• Beginner friendly – all levels welcome.
Materials (all provided)
• Sumi ink, Gansai Tambi 顔彩耽美 (Traditional Japanese colours), gold leaves, rice paper board or fan.
What you’ll get:
• All of the equipment and materials needed for your class.
• Protective equipment such as aprons.
What to bring
• Comfortable clothes that you don’t mind getting a little paint on.
• A carrying bag for take your artworks home.
* This workshop is for ages 16+ only, if you have any concerns please email us email@example.com