Immerse yourself in the ancient art of Japanese Woodcut printmaking and create your own print. Learn some basics of Mokuhanga!
Our Teacher Ula will guide you through the process through designing your print, intricately carving them into a high quality wood block and then using ink and all the traditional Japanese woodprint materials to print them onto Washi Paper.
This workshop will be located at GPO Foodmarket in Liverpool’s Metquarter. Food & Drink will be available before, during and after the workshop.
• Beginner friendly – all levels welcome.
Materials (all provided)
• Wood block, Sumi Ink and Coloured inks & Washi Paper and other traditional Japanese printmaking materials.
What you’ll get
• All of the equipment and materials needed for your class
• Protective equipment such as aprons.
What to bring
• Comfortable clothes that you don’t mind getting a little ink on.
• A carrying bag for take your artworks home.
* This workshop is strictly for ages 16+ only.